Code of Conduct
Last updated on the 27th December 2020
Please note that we may need to change these Rules from time to time and reserve the right to do so. The most current version is always available at: gloryhole.co.za/code-of-conduct. Failure to adhere to this will result in warnings, silencing, banning and/or blocking.
You must be 18 or older to use this site.
Banned forms of conduct
The following guidelines are not a legal document, and final interpretation is up to the administration of GloryHole; they are here to provide you with an insight into our content moderation policies:
The following types of content will be removed, and may result in account suspension and revocation of access to the service:
- Excessive commercial* advertisements, including but not limited to escorts, rent boys, massage therapists, and other adult products**
- Public cruising locations and/or any other locations deemed as a public place (shopping centres, malls, gyms, parks etc) for immoral purposes. This includes locations that have been masked, coded or abbreviated.
- Posts containing WhatsApp and personal telephone numbers or WhatsApp Groups and/or the collection of any personal contact details, including but not limited to telephone numbers, personal email address and/or descriptive messenger usernames. This includes numbers and usernames that have been masked, coded or abbreviated.
- Posts advertising the sale, purchase and use of illegal chemical substances and drugs, including but not limited to scheduled, prescription drugs
- Uncharted news bots posting from third party news sources
- Untagged gore and extremely graphic violence, including artistic depictions
- Racism or advocation of racism, including but not limited to statements and slurs such as “no blacks”, “whites only” etc
- Sexism or advocation of sexism
- Affiliate links
- Discrimination against gender and sexual minorities, or advocation thereof
- Xenophobia and/or violent nationalism or advocation thereof;
- Content that is not yours or that you do not have permission to post. This applies to anything that’s trademarked or copyrighted, or that you do not own the rights to. Including but not limited to usernames, display names, logos, avatars, header images, other imagery or content posted by other users on GloryHole.
- Stalking; harassing; threatening; or advocating any physical, sexual, or emotional harm against individuals or groups
- Unauthorised distribution of any personal information or data
- Registering accounts with inherently malicious intent
* Escorts, massage therapists and adult services can make use of our partner site SaucyAds (global adult classifieds) to advertise your services.
** To help us fund and deliver a better community experience, we set up The Gloryhole Shop. As such, we do not allow any competitive posts, linked or otherwise, advertising the sale of adult products, including but not limited to sex toys, underwear and/or other sexual wellness products. We will only ever promote our own products and link you to our secure online store.
The following types of content are explicitly disallowed and will result in revocation of access to the service:
- ANY mention of children and/or images, sexual, suggestive or otherwise containing children
- Sexual depictions of animals, including suggestive imagery
- Content illegal in Germany, Switzerland and/or France, such as hate speech, holocaust denial or Nazi symbolism
- Any conduct intended to stalk or harass other users, or to impede other users from utilizing the service, or to degrade the performance of the service, or to harass other users, or to incite other users to perform any of the aforementioned actions, is also disallowed.
The following types of accounts will be removed from GloryHole, and may result in account suspension and revocation of access to the service:
- Impersonation: You may not impersonate individuals, groups, or organisations in a manner that is intended to or does mislead, confuse, or deceive others. While you may maintain parody, fan, commentary, or newsfeed accounts, you may not do so if the intent of the account is to engage in spamming or abusive behaviour.
You may not use our service for any unlawful purposes or in furtherance of illegal activities. By using GloryHole, you agree to comply with all applicable laws governing your online conduct and content.
Violence and physical harm
Violence: You may not make specific threats of violence or wish for the serious physical harm, death, or disease of an individual or group of people. This includes, but is not limited to, threatening or promoting terrorism. You also may not affiliate with organizations that — whether by their own statements or activity both on and off the platform — use or promote violence against civilians to further their causes.
Suicide or self-harm: You may not promote or encourage suicide or self-harm. When we receive reports that a person is threatening suicide or self-harm, we may take a number of steps to assist them, such as reaching out to that person and providing resources such as contact information for our mental health partners.
Child sexual exploitation: You may not promote child sexual exploitation.
Abuse and hateful content
Abuse: You may not engage in the targeted harassment of someone, or incite other people to do so. We consider abusive behavior an attempt to harass, intimidate, or silence someone else’s voice.
Unwanted sexual advances: You may not direct abuse at someone by sending unwanted sexual content, objectifying them in a sexually explicit manner, or otherwise engaging in sexual misconduct. Sending unwanted dick pics will get you banned.
Hateful conduct: You may not promote violence against, threaten, or harass other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, political affiliation, age, disability, or serious disease.
Hateful imagery and display names: You may not use hateful images or symbols in your profile image or profile header. You also may not use your username, display name, or profile bio to engage in abusive behavior, such as targeted harassment or expressing hate towards a person, group, or protected category.
Private Information and intimate media
Private information: You may not publish or post other people’s private information without their express authorization and permission. Definitions of private information may vary depending on local laws.
Intimate media: You may not post or share intimate photos or videos of someone that were produced or distributed.
Threats to expose / hack: You may not threaten to expose someone’s private information or intimate media. You also may not threaten to hack or break into someone’s digital information.
Spam and Security
We strive to protect everyone on GloryHole from technical abuse and spam. To promote a stable and secure environment on GloryHole, you may not do, or attempt to do, any of the following while accessing or using GloryHole:
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of GloryHole, GloryHole’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of GloryHole’s providers
- Probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network, or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures
- Access or search, or attempt to access or search, GloryHole by any means (automated or otherwise) other than through our currently available, published interfaces that are provided by GloryHole (and only pursuant to the applicable terms and conditions), unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with GloryHole.
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or posting, or in any way use GloryHole, to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information.
- Interfere with or disrupt the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing GloryHole’s services, or by scripting the creation of content in such a manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on GloryHole.
Any accounts engaging in the following activities may be temporarily locked or subject to permanent suspension:
- Malware/Phishing: You may not publish or link to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another person’s browser or computer or to compromise a person’s privacy.
- Spam: You may not use GloryHole’s services for the purpose of spamming anyone. Spam is generally defined on GloryHole as bulk or aggressive activity that attempts to manipulate or disrupt GloryHole or the experience of users on GloryHole to drive traffic or attention to unrelated accounts, products, services, or initiatives. Some of the factors that we take into account when determining what conduct is considered to be spamming include:
- if a large number of people have blocked you in response to high volumes of untargeted, unsolicited, or duplicative content or engagements from your account;
- if a large number of spam complaints have been filed against you;
- if you post duplicative or substantially similar content, replies, or mentions over multiple accounts or multiple duplicate updates on one account, or create duplicate or substantially similar accounts;
- if you post multiple updates to a trending or popular topic with an intent to subvert or manipulate the topic to drive traffic or attention to unrelated accounts, products, services, or initiatives;
- if you send large numbers of unsolicited replies or mentions;
- if you are randomly or aggressively engaging with likes or users (e.g., following, adding to lists or Moments, etc.) to drive traffic or attention to unrelated accounts, products, services, or initiatives;
- if you repeatedly post other people’s account information as your own (e.g., bio, stats, contact details, profile URL, etc.);
- if you post misleading, deceptive, or malicious links (e.g., affiliate links, links to malware/clickjacking pages, etc.);
- if you create fake accounts, account interactions, or impressions;
- if you sell, purchase, or attempt to artificially inflate account interactions (such as replies, likes, etc.); and
- if you use or promote third-party services or apps that claim to get you more replies or likes (such as follower trains, sites promising “more followers fast”, or any other site that offers to automatically add more engagement to your account or posts).
Interacting with GloryHole as a company, brand or website
The goal of GloryHole is to provide a safe social community space in which men of all sexual orientations can exist and communicate with each other. In lines with our other policies (current and proposed), we have the following to say on interacting with GloryHole as a Company, Website, or other Third-party:
We understand that you may wish to share and promote content, however, we ask that interactions with GloryHole be natural and organic. If you operate a profile as a Company, Website or other third-party, we ask that you primarily use GloryHole for engaging with your users and providing help and support. You can also promote your users’ content to your followers.
You should not be operating an account where you exclusively post links to content off GloryHole, we ask that you only promote content of the members of GloryHole. The posts from your company should be organic and natural, and participate with the conversation on GloryHole: that is, you shouldn’t just be posting link after link to your website.
The goal is to have the interaction coming from an individual user, more so than from a company or non-individual entity. This keeps GloryHole feeling like a community, rather than a shouting match.